At Seminole Care & Rehab, we deliver the highest quality of care for every resident through our most valuable asset: you. We seek compassionate and thoughtful individuals who share our passion for exceptional care in senior living. Seminole Care & Rehab partners with a vast network of skilled nursing centers across 3 states to support our small team environment of caring professionals with the resources and benefits of a large enterprise. Your legacy of excellence begins when you join us at Seminole Care & Rehab.
Pay, Benefits and Perks of Director of Nursing (DON):
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Immediately accrue paid time off (PTO) as you work (full-time only)
- 6 Observed Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
- Up to $5,000 per in tuition/education reimbursement per calendar year for approved program of study
- Take home up to 75% of your net earned wages at the end of every shift
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company-matched contributions after 1 year of employment
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental, Vision, Life and other voluntary Insurances for full-time employees
Essential Functions of Director of Nursing (DON):
- Provide personal care to residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort consistent with Company Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Initiates the development and implementation of policies and procedures that govern the nursing staff in collaboration with appropriate services.
- Responsible for the provision of nursing services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Establish and maintain job specification and descriptions for nursing staff.
- Address and support cultural practices if such practices do not harm others or interfere with the planned course of medical therapy.
- Recommend modifications, additions, or deletions to nursing staffing plans to ensure reasonable hours and acceptable working conditions to provide optimal resident care coverage.
- Assure that each resident’s accident or incident is fully documented and reported in accordance with Company Clinical Policies and Procedures and state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Represent nursing staff on various committees, Infection Prevention and Control, Pain Management, Performance Improvement, and Quality Assurance.
- Make rounds to all nursing units daily.
- Participate in performance improvement functions by collecting and verifying data, as needed.
- Consult other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the resident’s needs.
- Ensure licensed nurses perform head-to-toe assessments and reassessments on all residents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the geriatric residents and evaluate licensed nurse’s abilities to asses and reassess residents.
- Ability to interpret results of test and procedures; take appropriate action.
- Assess residents on admission and at least once per shift, as well as when conditions change and document appropriately.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess residents’ pain, utilize appropriate pain management techniques, and education resident and family on pain management.
- Interpret test results and take appropriate action on results.
- Promote and support the greatest possible degree of independence for residents.
- Contribute knowledge of residents’ conditions and document observations as required.
- Promote a safe and clean hazard-free environment for residents, family members, and staff members.
- Assure equipment is clean and functional. Report any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ability to function as a team leader and role model.
- Abide by the Company Clinical policies and procedures for Abuse Prevention.
- Notify physician of changes in resident’s condition and follow through until appropriate action is taken.
- Follow through, as needed, on information given by shift report, resident or family regarding resident concerns.
- Implement plan of care for the resident based on assessments and goals as established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Plan and coordinate with Administrator, utilizing the respective service managers for planning the budgeting requirements for staff, performance of work, supplies, and equipment.
- Responsible for cost controls to ensure maximum effectiveness of funds expended from approved department budgets.
- Follows infection prevention and control procedures and supervises supportive staff in infection prevention and control procedures.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Perform other task and duties as assigned.
Qualifications of Director of Nursing (DON):
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN Licensure required
- 5 yrs of nursing management experience required
- Candidates must maintain a working email address and phone number for employer communication.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.