Started in 2016, FreedomCare is a Healthcare company that is innovating and revolutionizing the way home care is delivered. We bring dignity and support to patients needing care in their homes and to the caregivers who care for them. We're the largest consumer-directed home care agency in NY State, and are continually expanding our areas of focus including operations in other states and tech-based innovations.
We pride ourselves on our values which drive the level of care that we deliver to our patients:
- Here For You (An attitude of service, empathy, and availability)
- Own It (Drive and ownership)
- Do the Right Thing (High integrity)
- Be Positive (Great attitude and a can-do positive approach to challenges)
Join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of others! We are looking for a Welcome Specialist for our Onboarding team.
This is a remote role with potential travel to our main office in Lake Success, NY or the FreedomCare hub closest to you.
Department & Position Overview:
Our Welcome Specialist help our clients and caregivers to continue the path for success by finalizing technical details. In this position, you will partner with clients, caregivers and internal cross-functional teams to carry through new enrollees ensuring that they are set up for success!
Every Day You Will:
- Formally welcome the patient into the program, and review and finalize enrollment documents
- Coordinate with the caregiver to set up their FreedomCare Account; establish their schedule and partner with Finance to add the new caregiver to payroll
- Effectively introduce clients and caregivers to their Care Team Coordinator to confirm a smooth transition into the program
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Exceptional customer service skills with empathy, compassion, and motivation to help patients and caregivers
- Proven Exceptional Customer Service experience
- Experience in high-volume inbound and outbound call environment
- Strong customer focus and adaptability to different personality type
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Build sustainable relationships and engage patients/caregivers by taking the extra mile in resolving any issues/concerns
- Must have poise and patience when dealing with customers
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening skills; ability to comfortably resolve issues over the telephone
- Attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability to meet and/or exceed weekly targets or metrics
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organization skills
- Effective time management, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Proactive with a commitment to excellence in your work
- Flexibility and openness as the role and responsibilities may change and or evolve as we grow!
- Previous experience managing multiple schedules
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional written and verbal skills, the ability to multitask
- Independent self-starter with excellent communication and time management skills
- Computer proficiency required; ability to leverage technology to identify, research and solve customer issues
Nice to Haves:
- Bilingual Spanish or other languages
- Two plus years of experience within the healthcare, hospital or homecare agency space
At FreedomCare, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, citizenship or immigration status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.