We are a 5-Star 94-bed skilled nursing and sub-acute care facility. Services we provide include trach care and ventilator management (sub-acute wing), wound care, short-term rehabilitation, and daily living care for long-term patients. We have a nurse practitioner, 24/7 respiratory therapists, F/T Ward Clerk for orders, Therapy MD and 2 F/T treatment nurses to support you. We also have 2 Nurse Schools and 2 CNA schools that perform their clinical rotations at our facility.
Sacramento Post-Acute is looking for a compassionate, competent and dedicated LPN/RN to join our team as our Charge Nurse
Purpose: Provide the highest quality of care in a manner that protects and promotes resident rights, dignity, and health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care.
- Supervise staff through appropriate assignment and delegation of duties, within resident census.
- Properly monitor administration of resident medication and medication reorders.
- Implement resident care plans in compliance with Company and federal guidelines, and physician's orders.
- Perform and supervise treatments.
- Accurately and promptly transcribe physician orders, contacting physician with change of condition report.
- Timely and accurate documentation of resident's charts. Complete Nursing assessment as required.
- Participate in shift report.
- Assume responsibility of staff nurse when necessary.
- Implement established nursing policy and procedures, educating support staff regarding care needs of residents.
- Maintain a safe working environment, complying with infection control and body mechanic procedures.
- Respond to need for staffing shortages by arranging for replacement staff.
- Manage investigations for resident variances, contacting family, completing resident incident and variance reports.
- Manage lab orders, lab results, contacting physician for follow-up orders
- Administer treatments and medications per process and procedure of facility, doctors, supervisors, etc.
- Make daily rounds on assigned unit at least at beginning and at end of shift to observe, assess or interview residents, to verify information for or from ongoing shift, to monitor regulatory compliance and to determine staff assignments or completion of assignments.
- Develop and distribute resident care assignments to direct care staff. Assignments match resident needs with skills of direct care staff, and maintain consistency to the extent practicable.
- Train and develop staff by conducting skills observations of nurse aides identifying learning needs and taking advantage of opportunities to teach on the unit.
Requirements and Qualifications :
- LVN or RN with required state licensure.
- Ability to organize workflow, respond to emergencies and note detail.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Experience in post-acute and/or long term geriatric nursing care
- Prefer experience and/or training in supervision
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
Physical Capacities: (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Continuous bending, squatting, twisting and reaching.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which includes an annual TB screening and physical examination.
- Must be able to stand for and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Requires infrequent lifting of weight up to 100+ pounds with assistance.
- Frequent pushing and pulling of carts and transporting residents.
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working with persons who are ill, disabled, elderly and/or emotionally upset, and/or memory impaired.
- Must be able to manage resident behavior that includes verbal outbursts, combative behavior, striking out, and memory impairment
Environmental conditions:Inside work, normal temperatures, some noise, occasional fumes/odors, chemical exposure and potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Sacramento Post-Acute is an equal opportunity employer, in accordance with anti-discrimination laws. Sacramento Post-Acute prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Sacramento Post-Acute conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Acute care
- Long term care
- Nursing home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sacramento, CA 95841: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- charge nurse: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person