- Paid time off - Flexible Schedule - Full Benefits package
Options Behavioral Health is looking to add a Medical Coder to work in our facility, located on the East Side of Indianapolis. Options is the States leading facility for Children and Adults experiencing Mental Health and Behavioral health issues. Join a team dedicated to making a change in for those seeking help.
*This position is not Remote, you will be working in the facility Monday-Friday, 1st shift*
- Assign appropriate codes using International Classification of Disease system (ICD-10) and/or Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) for diagnosis, procedures and services.
- Responsible for correctly coding claims based on the services a patient receives in order to obtain reimbursement from insurance or government healthcare programs.
- Read and analyze patient records extracting precise information from documentation, test results and reports.
- Request diagnosis from physicians when not recorded on discharge and in cases where information is incomplete.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient care information and chart contents.
- Inform administrator of any incongruences noted in the chart record.
- When appropriate clarify diagnosis, conditions and treatment information by working with the physician according to company policy and procedure.
- Process physician reports needed to code appropriately and accurately.
- Must have 2 years medical coding experience
- Must be Certified Medical Coder holding either a RHIT, RHIA, or CPC
- Residential experience preferred
- At least 21 years old
- Pass a background check and drug screen
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Medical coding: 1 year (Required)
- Documentation review: 1 year (Required)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Required)
- Medical records: 1 year (Required)
- Insurance verification: 1 year (Preferred)
- RHIT, RHIA, or CPC (Required)
Work Location: In person