The Claim Advocate will be the first response on personal lines client claims, answering policy questions and providing guidance on the claims process. In addition, assist with service needs and make modifications to accounts as necessary.
- Responsible for filing claims on behalf of clients with the appropriate carrier in a timely manner either online or by phone.
- Research and respond directly to partner underwriter memos, generate endorsement requests and cancellation forms.
- Gain thorough knowledge of the claim by effectively interacting with the client for accurate filing and responding to the needs to ensure client satisfaction.
- Member of the Emergency Response Team responding to events that occur in the community to provide peace of mind to homeowners who may/may not be a client.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4-40 license with 2+ years of related experience or a 2-20 license as required by the State Department of Insurance.
- Broad knowledge of personal lines insurance with a strong understanding of coverages and forms
- Ability to work independently and have a high attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn other appropriate insurance company and firm software systems.
Special Working Conditions:
- Fast paced, multi-tasking team environment
- Required to work on-call and respond any time within a 24 hour period
for some insight into our culture!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour